Thursday, May 28, 2009

What a surprise, 1and1 server down again

1and1 has proved once again just how bad a hosting company it is. The server that their techs "fixed" has crashed again a little over a day later. Even knowing that this server has been crashing every few days for four months didn't get them to fix anything. Even after they read the server's history in this blog a little over a day ago they still wouldn't replace the server. I know they read the blog because the person I talked to on the 26th went to it while I was talking to him. They apparently don't know enough about servers to fix anything. Or maybe they just don't care. I'm going to try to get hold of their corporate headquarters, I think it's in Germany.

For now I've put in another call to what they laughingly call "tech support" to see if I can get them to reboot the server again.